Present-day boiler design offers several benefits. In the past, improper design of boilers has caused explosions which prompted loss of life and property. Present-day designs attempt to avoid such mishaps. Further, mathematical modeling can determine how much space a boiler will require and the kind of materials to be used. At the point when the design specifications of a boiler are determined, design engineers can estimate a cost and time schedule for the construction.
QUANTUM Design boiler with following specs:-
- Production of a maximum quantity of steam with minimal fuel consumption.
- Economic feasibility of installation.
- Minimal operator attention required during operation.
- Capability for fast starting.
- Conformity to safety regulations.
- Quality of raw water: how hard or soft the water is will determine the material of the boiler.
- Heat source – the fuel to be signed and its ash properties or the process material from which the heat is to be recuperated.
- Capacity/steam output required, usually measured in tons per hour or kg/s.
- Steam condition – pressure, temperature, and so forth.
- Safety considerations.
- Mechanical constraints.
- Cost restrictions.
- Monetary cast tensile strength of material must be considered while using any joining processes.
Accessories and mountings are devices that form an integral part of a boiler however are not mounted on it. They include economizers, superheaters, feed pumps, and air pre-heaters. Accessories help in controlling and running the boiler productively. Certain normal mountings (specifically those required by the Indian Boiler Act) include:
Feed actually looks at the valve – regulates the progression of water into the boiler and prevents the back progression of water in case of failure of the feed siphon.
Steam stop valve – regulates the progression of steam that is created in the boiler to the steam pipe, and may also be used to stop the supply of steam from the boiler
Fusible fitting – placed at the lowest degree of water and above the combustion chamber, its capacity is to extinguish the shoot as soon as the water level in the shell of the boiler falls under a certain marked level.
Brush off rooster – removes water from the shell at regular intervals to eliminate the various impurities that may be settled at the lower part of the shell.
Safety valves – automatically forestall the steam pressure from exceeding safe levels
Water-level indicators – indicate the degree of water in the shell.